• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NPL Watch 23/24

Does that mean Widnes are moving out?
I seem to remember hearing their lease is due up soon

Does that mean Widnes are moving out?
I seem to remember hearing their lease is due up soon
Can’t both play there? Friday and Sunday are doable🤔🤷‍♂️

City of Liverpool will play at Widnes Vikings Rugby League ground from next season.
Well this news will enable them to complete in the play-offs in they make them.

But I wish the good luck with their new deal.

Not as bad as Vauxhall’s to get to, but getting the the DCBL stadium from Liverpool city centre - where i suspect most of CoL’s fan base originates from - is far from easy.

And as others have said it’s an utterly soulless place to go to.

I don’t wish any other fans owned club Ill-will, but i suspect that they’ll find it difficult next season, irrespective of what league they are in.

Can’t both play there? Friday and Sunday are doable🤔🤷‍♂️
Artificial pitch. And there is a period from October to February when Vikings don’t play.

So theoretically all three clubs could play there

Artificial pitch. And there is a period from October to February when Vikings don’t play.

So theoretically all three clubs could play there
i may have misheard or even dreamt this one but I thought/think Widnes are building themselves a new ground ?? Could be why C of L are coveted replacements

i may have misheard or even dreamt this one but I thought/think Widnes are building themselves a new ground ?? Could be why C of L are coveted replacements
You’re not wrong Stuart but I don’t think that this is going to happen in the short term

thanks for confirming that one for me James,, grey moment from me ! Ian Ross is of coarse ex Chairman (? or fundings man) at Barnton. I think they have him to thank for the floodlights and some ground improvements, hence elevation from the Cheshire league. It certainly looks like he's serious about a new ground etc and Widnes are no mugs, good manager, play-off potential etc so thats a fair old legacy to Widnes if he one day did a disappearing act, so fair play to the bloke.

Former Accrington assistant Jimmy Bell had taken interim charge of Saturdays opponents Clitheroe until the end of the season

Bootle have lost a point

Certainly didn't look like a title winning side yesterday. Completely outplayed.
Probably taking it easy now promotion is in the bag😁
Big big game next Saturday for you. Having VM as the venue probably doesn’t do you any harm either.

Probably taking it easy now promotion is in the bag😁
Big big game next Saturday for you. Having VM as the venue probably doesn’t do you any harm either.
Yes I'd agree with that. Certainly prefer to play them on a grass surface.
Wasn't overly impressed with the surface at Widnes earlier in the season

Certainly didn't look like a title winning side yesterday. Completely outplayed.
Not denigrating Albion’s performance as I wasn’t there, but re Leek it might have been a case of taking their foot off the gas.

Back